Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sorrow and Joy


This past weekend a couple that we are close to had their daughter go home to be with the Lord.  Hannah was born with heart problems and at 3 months had a heart transplant.  For the next 4 years of her life she led a  full and healthy life.  This past December she got very sick and was diagnosed with PTLD.  Since that time she has been in and out of the hospital, getting better and then not doing well.  Hannah as many of you know means "Grace or Gift from the Lord" in Hebrew and that is just what her life was a picture of, the grace of our Lord.  On Friday she went from the arms of her earthly father to the arms of Her Heavenly Father, where she will experience no more sickness, grief, or pain.

As my own dad suffered with cancer his last few years the words from "On the Jordan's Banks" gave me great comfort and even thinking about Hannah they do so again:

"No chilling wind, nor poisonous breath can reach that healthful shore, where sickness, sorrow, pain, and death are felt and feared no more,

I am bound, I am bound
I am bound for the Promised Land
I am bound, I am bound
I am bound for the Promised Land"

There is a mixture of sorrow for the loss of this precious little girl and friend, but also of joy that she is now in the Promised Land with our Heavenly Father forevermore!

Please pray for Glenn and Krissy (parents) and Manny(3) and Abby(1) that the Lord may be gracious to them and they would find comfort in Him!

No comments: